Bhima Jewellers takes data privacy and security extremely seriously and works to ensure that it is fully compliant with the various regulations dealing with privacy.
Bhima Jewellers and its subsidiaries and affiliates and Associate Companies (individually and / or collectively, "Bhima Jewellers" in short referred to as “BJ” henceforth) is / are concerned about the privacy of the data and information of users (including buyers / customers whether registered or non-registered) accessing or purchasing products on Bhima Jewellers websites or through third party e-commerce vendors.
User acknowledges that he / she is disclosing User Information voluntarily. Prior to the completion of any registration process on Bhima Jewellers website / mobile application prior to availing of any Services offered on BJ application if the user wishes not to disclose any User Information, he / she may refrain from doing so; however, if user doesn’t provide information that is requested, it is possible that the registration process would be incomplete and / or user may not be able to avail BJ’s Services and purchase online.
- The type of data or information that user shares with or provides to BJ and that BJ collects from user;
- The purpose for collection of such data or information from user;
- BJ’s information security practices and policies; and
- Information collected and storage of such Information:
The "Information" (which shall also include data) provided by user to BJ or collected from user by BJ may consist of "Personal Information" and "Non-Personal Information".
- Personal Information:
- User’s Log-in name (or Username) along with Password,
- User’s name,
- User’s address,
- User’s telephone number,
- User’s e-mail address or other contact information,
- User’s date of birth / Wedding anniversary date,
- User’s gender,
- Information regarding user’s transactions on the Website (including sales or purchase history),
- User’s financial information such as bank account information or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details including OTP,
- Internet Protocol address,
- Any other items of ‘sensitive personal data or information' as such term is defined under the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices And Procedures And Sensitive Personal Data Of Information) Rules, 2011 enacted under the Information Technology Act, 2000;
- Identification code of user communication device which user uses to access the Website or otherwise deal with any BJ entity,
- Any other Information that user provides during user’s registration process, if any, on the Website. Such Personal Information may be collected in various ways including during the course of User:
- Registering as a user on the Website,
- Availing certain services offered on the Website. Such instances include but are not limited to online purchase, participating in any online survey or contest, communicating with BJ customer service by phone, email or
- Non-Personal Information:
BJ may also collect information other than Personal Information from user through the Website when user visits and / or uses the Website. Such information may be stored in server logs. This Non-Personal Information would not assist BJ to identify user personally. This Non-Personal Information may include:
- User’s geographic location,
- Details of user’s telecom service provider or internet service provider,
- The type of browser used (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome etc.),
- The operating system of user’s system / device and the Website user last visited before visiting the Website,
- The Information users provide to BJ from time to time is and shall be authentic, correct, current and updated and user has all the rights to provide such Information to BJ.
- User providing the Information to BJ and BJ’s consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same, shall not be in violation of any third party agreement, laws, charter documents, judgments, orders and decrees.
- User’s Information will primarily be stored in electronic form. However, certain data could also be stored in physical form. BJ may store, collect, process and use this data in countries other than Republic of India, but under compliance with applicable laws. BJ may enter into agreements with third parties (in or outside of India) to store or process user’s information or data. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard user information or data and BJ will on commercial reasonable basis require from such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard user’s information / data.
- User’s Information BJ collects, stores, uses and processes for any purpose as may be permissible under applicable laws (including where the applicable law provides for such collection, usage, storage or processes in accordance with the consent of the user) connected with a function or activity of each of BJ’s entities and shall include the following:
- To facilitate user’s use of the Website or other services of BJ entities;
- to respond to user inquiries or fulfil user requests for information about the products and services offered on the Website;
- To provide user with information about products available on the Website and to send information, materials, and offers from BJ;
- To send user important information regarding the Website, changes in terms and conditions, user agreements, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- To send surveys and marketing communications that BJ believes may be of interest to the user;
- To personalize user experience on the Website by presenting advertisements, products and offers tailored to user’s preferences;
- To help user address his / her problems encountered on the Website including addressing any technical problems;
- If user purchases any product from the Website, to complete and fulfil his / her purchase, for example, to have user’s payments processed, communicate with user regarding his / her purchase and provide user with related customer service;
- For proper administering of the Website;
- To conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the Website);
- To improve the services, content and advertising on the Website;
- To provide value added services such as Single Sign On. Single Sign On shall mean a session/user authentication process that permits a user to enter his/her name or mobile number or e-mail address or any combination thereof and password in order to access multiple websites and applications;
- To facilitate seamless purchase experience while making a transaction by OTP received through SMS by user
- To facilitate various programmes and initiatives launched by BJ or third party service providers and business associates
- To analyze how BJ’s services are used, to measure the effectiveness of advertisements, to facilitate payments
- To conduct academic research and surveys
- To protect the integrity of the Website;
- To respond to legal, judicial, quasi-judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law;
- To conduct analytical studies on various aspects including user behaviour, user preferences, etc.;
- To permit third parties who may need to contact users who have bought products from the Website to facilitate installation, service and any other product related support;
- To implement information security practices;
- To determine any security breaches, computer contaminant or computer virus;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities and suspected fraud
- To undertake forensics of the concerned computer resource as a part of investigation or internal audit;
- To trace computer resources or any person who may have contravened, or is suspected of having or being likely to contravene, any provision of law including the Information Technology Act, 2000 that is likely to have an adverse impact on the services provided on any Website or by BJ;
- To enable a potential buyer or investor to evaluate the business of BJ, user hereby agrees and acknowledges that the Information so collected is for lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of each of the BJ’s entities or any person on their respective behalf, and the collection of Information is necessary for the Purposes.
Sharing and disclosure of User’s Information
User hereby unconditionally agrees and permits that BJ may transfer, share, disclose or part with all or any of user Information, within and outside of the Republic of India to various BJ entities and to e-commerce partners, third party service providers / partners / banks and financial institutions for one or more of the Purposes or as may be required by applicable law. In such case, BJ will contractually oblige the receiving parties of the Information to ensure the same level of data protection that is adhered to by BJ under applicable law.
User unconditionally agrees and permits BJ to access and read user’s SMS to auto-fill or prepopulate ‘OTP’ while making a transaction and / or to validate user’s mobile number.
Bhima Jewellers may also share Personal Information if it believes that is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of various terms and conditions or BJ’s policies.
BJ reserves the right to disclose user information when required to do so by law or regulation, or under any legal obligation or order under law or in response to a request from a law enforcement or governmental agency or judicial, quasi-judicial or any other statutory or constitutional authority or to establish or exercise BJ’s legal rights or defend against legal claims.
User further agrees that such disclosure, sharing and transfer of user’s Personal Information and Non-Personal Information shall not cause any wrongful loss to the user or to any third party, or any wrongful gain to BJ or to any third party.
Links to third party websites
Links to third party e-commerce web sites, third-party advertisements, third-party websites or any third party electronic communication service may be provided on the Website which are operated by third parties and are not controlled by, or affiliated to, or associated with, BJ unless expressly specified on the Website.
Security and Retention
The security of user’s Personal Information is important to BJ. BJ strives to ensure the security of user’s Personal Information and to protect user’s Personal Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction.
For this purpose, BJ adopts internal reviews of the data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where BJ stores user’s Personal Information. Each of the BJ’s entities shall adopt reasonable security practices and procedures as mandated under applicable laws for the protection of user Information. Provided that user rights to claim damages shall be limited to the right to claim only statutory damages under Information Technology Act, 2000 and user hereby waives and releases all BJ’s entities from any claim of damages under contract or under tort.
If user chooses a payment gateway to complete any transaction on Website, then user’s credit / debit card data may be stored in compliance with industry standards / recommended data security standard for security of financial information such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
BJ may share user’s Information with third parties under a confidentiality agreement which inter alia provides for that such third parties not disclosing the Information further unless such disclosure is for the Purpose. However, BJ is not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive user’s Personal Information. BJ is not liable for any loss or injury caused to user as a result of user providing his / her Personal Information to third party (including any third party websites, even if links to such third party websites are provided on the Website).
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, Bhima Jewellers shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of user’s Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event (as defined below).
A Force Majeure Event shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of Bhima Jewellers and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer, computer system or computer network,, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption (provided beyond reasonable control of BJ), power or electricity failure or unavailability of adequate power or electricity.
While BJ will endeavour to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any Personal Information which BJ holds about user and prevent unauthorized access, user acknowledges that the internet or computer networks are not fully secure and that BJ cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding the security of user’s Personal Information.
User agrees that all Personal Information shall be retained till such time required for the Purpose or required under applicable law, whichever is later. Non-Personal Information will be retained indefinitely.
User discretion and opt out
User agrees and acknowledges that he / she is providing his / her Information out of their free will. User has an option not to provide or permit BJ to collect his / her Personal Information or later on withdraw his / her consent with respect to such Personal Information so provided herein by sending an email to the grievance officer or such other electronic address of the respective Bhima Jewellers entity as may be notified to user. In such case, user should neither visit any Website nor use any services provided by BJ’s entities nor shall contact any of BJ’s entities. Further, BJ may not deliver products to user, upon user’s order or BJ may deny user access from using certain services offered on the Website.
User can add or update his / her Personal Information on regular basis. Kindly note that BJ would retain user’s previous Personal Information in its records.
For Bhima Jewellers:
Mr. Ramkiran N, the designated grievance officer under Information Technology Act, 2000. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business / Assets Sale or Transfers
The User Information is being collected by the Company with its address at registered office at No.122/C, 8th Main, 3rd Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore - 560 011 and the Company will delete any User Information upon the User withdrawing the consent in writing. However, upon the withdrawal of the consent by the User, the Company may at its option not provide any services for which the Information was sought and the User shall not claim deficiency of services on the basis of such non provision of goods and services.
BJ reserves the right to amend this policy from time to time, at its own discretion. Any updates will be posted on the application / and user’s use of Bhima Jewellers after such amendment shall constitute user’s agreement to abide by the amended terms.